Saturday 29 January 2011

My big fat wedding day!

So in the uk the media has been focusing on weddings, in particular 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' see the brilliant article from the Daily Mail below.

  • Daily Mail Article

    Why is it that we dream of our wedding day so much? Well we may not all dream of our wedding day, but I know I do and I did with my most recent lover boy.

    The truth was that we were never going to be married - he even told me that he didn't believe in marraige - should I have taken this as a sure sign that he never saw a future for us? I probably should have but I never did, I wanted to carry on thinking that eventually he would change his opinion on marraige and get down on one knee and ask me to be his wife.

    Is marriage a waste of time? If it is only going to end in divorce why not save ourselves the money and wait for it to end with nothing lost? That's wrong we've still lost the 'love of our lives' in the process and not to mention time and investments in the relationship.

    I do believe that one day I may be blogging about my big day but until then I have to say I am questionning if marraige is really worth all of the money spent, tears cried and wedding cake eaten!

    x
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment